Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The most important questions about DSV aktiv membership and DSV insurances.
We've compiled the most common questions about DSV aktiv membership and DSV insurance in various areas (see navigation bar). If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please contact us directly.
Start, term, alteration, termination
- How can I become member and obtain insurance?
- How can I find adequate insurance coverage?
- When does insurance coverage begin?
- What are the requirements for a partner membership?
- When can I obtain family insurance?
- Am I still insured when I move abroad?
- How and when can I apply for DSV-Mindestschutz?
- How long is the term of my membership/insurance coverage?
- How can I change my personal data such as address, bank information, etc.?
- How can I change the scope and type of my insurance?
- In what form can I cancel a membership with insurance package?
Scope of benefits/overview
- Where do I find an overview of the various benefits of the DSV insurance offerings BASIC, CLASSIC and CLASSIC PLUS?
- Where do I find the information leaflets on the insurance coverage of the DSV insurance packages?
- Can I also insure other sports equipment besides winter sports equipment?
- Does the insurance cover my snowboard?
- Are ski/snowboard boots and poles insured against theft and damage?
- Up to what amount are ski helmets insured against breakage or theft?
- Are goggles, glasses and ski clothing included in the insurance coverage?
- Does the insurance also cover other trips besides participating in winter sports?
- For how long a journey is the insurance cover valid?
- What does the 4 Season Combo (supplementary accident insurance) contain?
- Who can claim rehab management?
- What does rehab management contribute?
- When/at what time is my winter sports equipment insured against theft?
- Does DSV aktiv also offer luggage insurance?
- What are the advantages of the DSV travel cancellation insurance?
- Can I obtain a special supplementary insurance if I teach skiing and/or snowboarding?
I have a claim, what do I do?
- How can I report a claim? Where do I obtain claim forms/a claim report?
- How should I behave after my winter sports equipment has been stolen?
- How should I behave after my winter sports equipment has been damaged?